PREP TIME : 15 MINS
COOK TIME : 32 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 47 MINS
This banana cake with fresh banana curd is one for the archives… lovely and rich and the perfect combination of naturally sweet and satisfying!
KEYWORD: BANANA CAKE WITH FRESH BANANA CURD
SERVINGS: 6 SERVINGS
- 3 cups (375g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup (450g) bananas
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup (227g) butter, softened
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups (360g) buttermilk, room temperature
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare three 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Put bananas, lemon juice, butter, sugar, and vanilla into stand mixer (or use a hand-held mixer) and mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With mixer on low, add flour mixture to banana mixture alternativly with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …