Strawberry Cheesecake Omelette is made with cream cheese mixture and fresh strawberries in omelet paper and baked in an air fryer until crispy.
Strawberry Cheesecake Omelet
The flavor of your favorite strawberry cheesecake is wrapped in an egg omelet crust for a crispy and creamy treat. The omelette is no longer just an appetizer, but also a perfect dessert. Serve warm with confectioners’ sugar.
Ingredients for the omelet
Cream cheese Bring cream cheese to room temperature.
Lemon Juice Adding lemon juice to the cheesecake filling helps it retain its structure and thickens the texture. It does not impart a lemony flavor to the filling.
For the Strawberry Cheesecake filling, use 1 pound of strawberries, cut into small pieces. Be sure to wash and hull the strawberries before cutting. I prefer fresh strawberries, but you can absolutely use frozen strawberries! Just be sure to thaw them. Just make sure they are thawed before mixing in the cream cheese.
Egg Roll Wrappers. You will need 12 wrappers to make this pastry. You can use wonton wrappers, but they will be smaller and you will need to adjust the cooking time.
How to Fry Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls
If you prefer to make your egg rolls in oil instead of an air fryer, that’s okay too. First, heat about an inch of oil to 375°F. Once the oil is hot, place 3-4 omelets in the oil and fry for 2-4 minutes on each side.
Carefully place the fried omelets on a plate lined with paper towels and allow to cool. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Layer the Strawberry Cheesecake Omelette on a white plate, top view.
How to Make Oven-Baked Strawberry Cheesecake Omelettes
Another way to make this dessert is to bake it in the oven. First, spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Next, place the filled omelet sheets on the baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Again, don’t forget to sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar before eating.
Note that compared to other cooking methods, oven-baked egg rolls will not be as crispy. They will be more chewy.
How to Store Dessert Omelets
After making this dessert (however you make it), you can store the strawberry cheesecake omelet in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 3 days. When ready to eat, simply reheat in an air fryer.
Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls
Prep Time : 15 mins
Cook Time : 5 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
Strawberry Cheesecake Omelet is filled with cream cheese and fresh strawberries in an omelet crust and baked in an air fryer until crisp.
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, washed, hulled, diced
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- water, for wetting the edges of the egg roll wrappers
- confectioners’ sugar, for topping
- To a medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat ingredients together until smooth and creamy. Fold in the strawberries.
- On a clean work surface, set out the egg roll wrappers. Working one at a time, top each wrapper with 2-3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture.
- Use water to wet the edges of the egg roll wrapper and then tightly roll the egg roll wrapper around the cream cheese mixture.
- To roll, first, fold up the bottom corner to just over the cream cheese mixture. Roll once to fold in the cream cheese mixture.
- Second, fold in the right and left corners of the wrapper to the center, lightly pressing to seal. (You may need to add more water to the edges and corners to help the wrapper stay folded.) It should now look like an open envelope.
- Continue rolling until the filling is fully wrapped inside of the egg roll. Press to seal the edges.
- Spray or brush the outside of the egg roll with cooking oil.
- Air Fry at 400°F for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown, flipping halfway through. You may need to work in batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Transfer the egg rolls to a plate to cool.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar right before serving.
- Course : Dessert
- Keyword : Strawberry Cheesecake Egg Rolls
- Servings : 12 egg rolls
- Calories : 211