HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Pound steak to 1/4 inch thickness; cut into serving size pieces.
- Sprinkle steak with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Beat together egg and buttermilk a bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix flour with paprika and garlic salt. Dredge steak in flour mixture and dip in 1/2 cup milk mixture, Return to flour mixture and dredge again.
- Brown steaks in hot oil in a large skillet and drain on paper towels; set aside, keeping warm.
- FOR THE GRAVY
- Pour off pan drippings, reserving 3 tablespoons, add another tbsp bacon grease. Add 1/4 cup flour to drippings; cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add 2 cups of milk; cook until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper.
- Spoon gravy over steak and serve!