Welcome to the best salmon patties article in the world! I’m so glad to have you reading this, today; I’m sharing with you ladies one of the best recipes that I personally adore!
Old fashioned salmon patties are crunchy juicy patties that gives the sensation of a walk along the beach, take this journey with me to discover this feeling!
Keep in mind, cooking with love is totally different than just cooking!
How to section
This recipe only takes 15 minutes to get ready, with few ingredients and so much love added, you’ll get crispy crunchy well-made patties.
- In a big bowl, combine salmon, onion, salt and pepper; Stir in buttermilk, the egg, cornmeal and flour.
- Mix the ingredients very well, wet your hands and form small patties.
- Heat up the skillet with the cooking oil under medium heat and start cooking the patties.
- Cook each side for 1 minute, transfer them to a platter and serve.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 diced onion
- 1 minced garlic
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 1 lb. of skinless salmon fillet (cut into chunks)
- 1/3 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons of cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- lemon wedges
- All-purpose flour
- Sweet chili sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons of cooking oil
- Cayenne powder
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
Enjoyed your salmon patties? I’m sure you did! Feel comfortable in leaving us favorable feedbacks and comments.
What is a cook without cooking tricks? Partner! Note these followings:
- Drain your canned salmon very well, otherwise; you’ll find troubles getting the ingredients all together.
- When buying canned salmon, make sure to get a known brand so avoid troubles. Look for pink boneless and skinless salmon.
- If you’re afraid that your patties fall apart, do this:
- Add mayo to your mixture.
- Refrigerate the patties for 30 minutes before cooking them.
In here my friends, I’m going to show you how to make it a meal! Salmon patties are friends with many extras, pick some of them and leave your guests speechless about the variations.
- Salads: Tomato and Cucumber Salad, Rice and pasta salad, Grilled corn and tomato salad, Carrot salad with black grape dressing, BBQ potato salad, chickpea Wedge salad, broccoli salad with apples and walnuts.
- Soft dinner rolls
- Fried Okra
- Sautéed Asparagus
- Garlic Herb Hassel back potatoes
- Garlic roasted tomatoes
- Garlic green beans
- Celeriac puree
- Mushroom rice pilaf
- Grilled Zucchini
- Carrot fries with spicy mayo dipping sauce
- Crispy baked sweet potato fries
As for drinks, a glass of wine would match perfectly! (and lemon juice for kids).
- Salmon patties can be cooked in all sorts of ways, fry it, grill it, bake it! You’ll get a fabulous taste in all of them.
- Make sure to season well with black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Lemon juice reduces and removes the fishy smell of salmon, add more if you like!
- If you were on a diet, use an air fryer to cook your patties.
HOW TO MAKE IT :
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …