HOW TO MAKE IT :
- In a large bowl, whisk together gravy packets and cornstarch. Slowly whisk in coffee so there are no lumps. Then whisk in wine, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, garlic and black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat, add oil. Add meat and quickly sear on all sides. Transfer meat to crockpot.
- Top meat with carrots, onion and mushrooms. Pour gravy mix on top and place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, until meat is tender.
- Remove pot roast from slow cooker and shred into chunks with two forks. Stir gravy and vegetables to combine.
- Serve pot roast topped with gravy and vegetables over mashed potatoes or cauliflower mash.
This recipe originally had instructions to also be made in the instant pot, however so many people were having burn issues that I removed those instructions. If you would still like to try it that way, try at your own risk! When I make it in the instant pot, I cook it on manual, High Pressure for 135 minutes and do a natural pressure release.