It’s no secret that exercise is good for you. But it’s not always easy to know where to start and how to avoid exercise mistakes that can lead to injury. Whether you work from home and have a sore neck or back or spend a lot of time on the couch, it’s important to find a workout that keeps your body safe.
Functional fitness, or simple exercises that use many muscles at once, is a great way to stay active and prevent pain and injury.
Functional Fitness Features
While exercises such as weight training and aerobics are geared toward specific health needs, Functional Fitness is designed to reduce the likelihood of injury in everyday life.
“Think of it as a daily routine,” says Andy Galardo, Kaiser Permanente’s Employee Wellness Director and a certified Functional Strength Coach.” We perform a variety of movements every day, from squatting in the garden to lifting high when shopping. Functional fitness helps us stay strong and flexible in our lives.” Simply put, it’s about preparing your body for everyday life.
Like any exercise, Functional Fitness is good for your mental health. Plus, Gallardo adds, it is beneficial for all ages.
Exercising with a busy schedule can be a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be if you choose your exercises wisely. This list is for quality and quantity.
This list is all about quality and quantity. These 10 exercises include a wealth of options to help you reduce stubborn body fat and maximize your fitness without having to hit the gym.
- Burpees This movement is a classic, but it is often done incorrectly
- The press up (all variations). The beauty of this movement is that it works all the major muscle groups in the body. Watch the video below to see how to properly perform this movement.
- The plank This is a great movement that works the entire body, not just the core. In fact, many people do this movement incorrectly, so please watch the video below to see how to do it correctly.
- Jumping lunges This movement does not look bad at first, but it really makes your legs feel hot. It is also a great way to work on your balance.
- Weighted Deep Squats
- Mountain climbing exercises.
- Single leg bridges.
- Russian Twist
- Shoulder Tap
To summarize these 10 movements.
These 10 great exercises will target every muscle in your body and help you achieve that toned, sharpened look you’ve been craving. Try to create a mini-circuit and do any three of these exercises for one minute throughout the day. Then the next day choose three different ones. If you do this five days a week, you will cover your entire body.
Start by doing about four laps per exercise, with a one-minute rest in between. Then add more and shorten the rest periods.