Tired of putting off the daunting task of oven cleaning? Scrubbing away grease and burnt crumbs can be overwhelming, but there’s a simple and eco-friendly method that allows you to minimize effort and save time and energy. Say goodbye to expensive, chemical-laden oven cleaners and welcome this hassle-free approach.
Why This Method Is a Game Changer: All you need is an ovenproof dish, white vinegar, and some time to spare. You can envision a gleaming oven without harsh chemicals or endless scrubbing. Surprisingly, it’s even more energy-efficient than using the oven’s self-cleaning feature.
Materials You’ll Need:
- An ovenproof dish
- A saucepan
- White vinegar and dish soap
Cleaning the oven can be a chore we all love to postpone. The thought of scraping away stubborn grease and burnt crumbs can be a tad overwhelming. However, here’s a simple and green method that lets you sleep through most of the cleaning process, saving both time and energy. Wave goodbye to those pricey, chemical-laden oven cleaners and embrace this fuss-free method.
Why This Technique Rocks:
With just an ovenproof dish, some white vinegar, and sleep time, you can dream about an oven that shines and sparkles. No harsh chemicals, no endless scrubbing, and it’s even more energy-efficient than using the oven’s self-cleaning function.
Let’s Get Started:
What you need:
White vinegar and dish soap
- Preheat your oven to 80°C (175°F).
- Simultaneously, bring a saucepan of water to boil.
- Once your oven is warm, shut it off.
- On the top oven rack, position your ovenproof dish filled with white vinegar. Place your saucepan with water on a lower rack. Close the oven door.
Tip: Boiling vinegar water and using it directly works too!
- Now, let it work its magic overnight! The next steps are for the following day:
- Open your oven, letting the vinegar steam clear. If it’s too strong, crack open a window.
- Take out the saucepan and vinegar dish. Mix a bit of dish soap into the vinegar. Use this concoction to scrub down your oven’s insides. Rinse and wipe.
- If you’re up for a slightly bubbly experience, sprinkle some baking soda on the oven surfaces before scrubbing with your vinegar-soaked sponge. Just remember, use them quickly together to get the best scrubbing power!
Why Does This Work?
Vinegar’s cleaning prowess combined with the warmth of your oven results in a steam that can soften and dissolve the most stubborn oven gunk.
Extra Tips: If vinegar isn’t on hand, lemon juice is a great alternative and leaves a fresh scent. To give your microwave a quick clean, heat up a bowl of vinegar or lemon-infused water inside.
Your oven does a lot for you, so show it some love with this gentle, green cleaning method!
image source : home remedie sseasy