HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Line a 13×9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the brownies, in a small saucepan over medium high heat, combine butter, cocoa powder and oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar, eggs, buttermilk and vanilla. Slowly whisk in the butter mixture. Add in flour, baking soda and salt, and stir just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- While brownies are cooling, begin frosting. In a small saucepan, combine butter, buttermilk and cocoa powder. Whisk over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Remove.
- In a mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar with butter mixtures. Beat for several minutes until smooth. Pour over brownies (they don’t need to be completely cooled. Sprinkle immediately with chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for two hours, until set. Cut and enjoy. I store these in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I find them to taste best chilled.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 228Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g