Dark Chocolate Halloween Cookies make a spooky and tasty treat! The dark as night chocolate cookies are the perfect backdrop for the pumpkin orange candies. Serve these chocolate Halloween cookies to all your ghouls and boys!
A FEW HELPFUL TIPS TO MAKE THESE TRULY TERRIFYING HALLOWEEN COOKIES
- Use a stand mixer if you can. This dough gets really thick! If you want a good arm workout, use a wooden spoon!
- Have your eggs at room temperature. If you forgot to take them out of the fridge, crack them into a dish to warm up while you gather everything you need.
- Butter also needs to be at room temp. If it is cold, you can microwave it on the defrost setting for fish. Only do about 30 seconds, then check it. Do another 15 seconds if you need to. Don’t let it get too soft!
- Line your baking sheets. You can use parchment paper or silicone baking mats. It’s so much easier to get the cookies off! The pans stay cleaner, too!
- For the darkest cookies, be sure to use dark cocoa powder. If you want them black, use some charcoal (food grade) or black food coloring.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup Dark Cocoa Powder (such as Hershey’s Special Dark®)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …