I have had a lifelong love affair with chocolate pie–well, with chocolate anything! My mother made the most wonderful chocolate pie in the world. I’m not sure how she made it, maybe with pudding that you cooked on the stove. But this recipe sure looks pretty good to me!
- ·sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
- 2 Tbspbutter
- 1 Tbspvanilla extract
- 2 cmilk chocolate chips (or dark chocolate if you prefer)
- 1/2 tspsalt
- 4egg yolks
- 3 cmilk
- 2/3 csugar
- 1/3 ccornstarch
- 1deep dish pie shell or use a 10″ pie pan
How to Make GONE TO HEAVEN CHOCOLATE PIE
- Bake the pie shell according to package directions; cool.
- In a 2-qt. saucepan stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- In a container with a pouring spout, combine egg yolks and milk.
- Gradually blend milk mixture into sugar mixture.
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …