HOW TO MAKE IT :
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until fine crumbs. Add in melted butter and granulated sugar. Pulse until combined.
- Press crumbs into the bottom and partially up the sides of a 7-inch springform pan. Refrigerate until filling is ready.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and granulated sugar. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add in vanilla extract, flour and the eggs, one at a time. Do not over beat the mixture. Beat JUST until the last egg is incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the sour cream and heavy whipping cream, stirring until blended.
- Pour filling into chilled graham cracker crust.
- Wrap the top of the cheesecake in foil. Then place the cheesecake on a second piece of foil, wrapping the sides up over the top.
- Fill the pressure cooker with 1 cup of water. Place the foil wrapped springform pan on the trivet (I use the one that came with my pressure cooker) and lower it into the instant pot.
- Secure the lid, turn valve to “SEALING” and turn on the pressure cooker.
- Set to high pressure for 40 minutes.
- When the cheesecake is done, allow to naturally release pressure completely. This takes about 20-30 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from the Instant Pot by lifting the trivet with the handles. Allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature.
- Place cheesecake in refrigerator to chill overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- After chilling, remove foil from cheesecake and gently blot off any condensation from top of cheesecake with a paper towel.
- Use a knife and run it along the sides of the pan to gently remove cheesecake from pan.
- Push bottom of cheesecake pan up to lift the cheesecake out of the pan (or unhinge the buckle if yours has that).
- Top chilled cheesecake with cherry pie filling and serve cold. ENJOY.
- Be sure to start with room temperature cream cheese and eggs for best results. The filling will be creamier without lumps if using room temperature ingredients.