KFC COLESLAW IS A FIVE MINUTE SIDE DISH YOU’LL ENJOY ALL SUMMER LONG WITH YOUR FAVORITE CHICKEN AND MORE! TASTES EXACTLY LIKE THE ORIGINAL!
KFC Coleslaw is one of my most personal childhood food memories. As a young kid I would walk from my elementary school with my great aunt and we would stop at KFC (then Kentucky Fried Chicken) to get a chicken plate to share and a pudding cup to share. I just remember the most happy memories of our time together there, we would sit and talk and laugh.
To this day anytime I eat or make this KFC Coleslaw I think of her. I’m sure many of us have memories like this, which is why copycat recipes are also so personal. You want to recreate those memories or those long lost flavors (Like Pioneer Take-Out Fried Chicken) and anytime you succeed there is joy.
- 1 Tablespoon Onion, Finely Grated
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk, Well Shaken
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 8 Cups (or 1-16 Ounce Bag Coleslaw) Cabbage, Finely Diced
- 1/4 Cup Carrot, Shredded (Omit If You’re Using Bagged Coleslaw Mix
OPEN NEXT TO GET FULL RECIPE…