- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and add in ½ cup of the semi-sweet chocolate morsels with the sugar. Stir until combined and morsels are melted.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Add in vanilla extract.
- Add cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Using big stroked, stir JUST until combined and no longer see dry ingredients.
- Fold in remaining semi-sweet morsels and ½ cup of the M&M’s candies. Pour batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining M&M’s candies.
- Bake for 38 minutes. Remove from oven and cool COMPLETELY before cutting.
Avoid over mixing. Mixing the batter too much or too vigorously will incorporate more air, making the brownies cakey and crumbly. Use large even strokes and stop mixing once you can no longer see the dry ingredients.Line your pan. Put a piece of parchment paper in your brownie pan for easy removal and clean up.Use a plastic knife for easiest cutting. Make sure the brownies are completely cooled, then slice in long smooth motions.Storing. Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy within 1 week.Freeze. Freeze brownies wrapped individually in plastic wrap then in a freezer safe bag for up to one month. Thaw on counter or refrigerator.
Yield: 9Serving Size: 1 brownie
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 673Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 196mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 4gSugar: 70gProtein: 8g