This homemade pumpkin bread is extra delicious, supremely moist and bursting with fall flavor! So easy to make and a guaranteed hit with friends and family this vacation season. This easy pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe is sure to become a new family favorite.
Course : bread
Cuisine : American
Keyword : pumpkin bread, pumpkin chocolate chip bread
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 50 minutes
Total Time : 1 hour
Servings : 24
Calories : 217kcal
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup applesauce OR canola oil
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips reserve a couple tablespoons for the top of the bread if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease two 8×4 in loaf pans and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, brown sugar, granulated sugar, applesauce OR oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened and combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, reserving a small amount of mini chocolate chips for topping if desired.
- Pour half of the batter into each of the prepared loaf pans and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing to a wire rack to cool
Calories: 217kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 162mg | Potassium: 197mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 3218IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg