Indulge in the savory creation of our Italian-Style Meatloaf, a delectable fusion of ground beef and mild Italian sausage, harmoniously blended with a medley of flavors and spices. This dish is bound to become a family favorite!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 pound of ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped bell pepper (opt for your favorite color)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 2 slices of white bread, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese, shredded (reserve 3/4 cup for topping)
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of marinara sauce, plus an additional 1/2 to 3/4 cup for topping
- Begin by heating the olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the finely chopped onion and bell pepper for 3-4 minutes until they become tender and aromatic. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a spacious mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, mild Italian sausage, sautéed onion and bell pepper, along with all the remaining ingredients. Ensure that you reserve 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese for later.
- Dive into the mixture with your hands, the best tools nature gave us, and thoroughly blend all the ingredients together until they form a cohesive mixture.
- Shape and mold the mixture into a loaf shape and place it in a baking dish of your choice. You can use any oven-safe dish you prefer.
- Spoon 1/2 to 3/4 cup of marinara sauce over the top of your meatloaf and evenly spread it.
- Bake your creation in a preheated 400°F (200°C) oven for approximately 50 minutes. The baking time may vary depending on the thickness of your meatloaf; mine was about 2 inches thick.
- Once you remove it from the oven, sprinkle the reserved 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top and add a dash of dried basil for that final touch.
- Return the dish to the oven for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is beautifully melted and bubbly.
- Before serving, make sure the meatloaf is fully cooked without any pinkness in the center. Savor the unique flavors of this Italian-Style Meatloaf, sure to delight your taste buds and warm your heart. Enjoy!
picture source : buzzinherald.com