Best Frosting Ever !
- 1½ cups (12oz/340g) butter, softened
- 6 cups (1lb 8oz/680g) icing sugar (powdered sugar), sifted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Seeds scraped from one vanilla bean pod (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or cream
- Pinch of salt
In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or using an electric hand mixer whip the butter until light and creamy for about 7-8 minutes on medium/high speed.
Once the butter is pale in color and light slowly add in the icing sugar one spoon at a time on medium speed. Let the sugar fully incorporate before adding in more sugar.
Add the vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds, salt and cream or milk.
Whip on high speed for another 3-4 minutes until very light, creamy, and fluffy.
Use the buttercream straight away or keep it refrigerated for up to 4 weeks. Before use, make sure it comes to room temperature.