Vegetable gratins provide a simple and convenient way to introduce some green goodness into your meals. Whether it’s broccoli, celery, spinach, or even eggplant, you can elevate them by topping with a delightful blend of eggs, cream, or cheese, finished with a crispy breadcrumb crust to create a generous and satisfying gratin. Here’s the recipe:
- 300g cooked cauliflower
- 300g cooked broccoli
- 3 eggs
- 40 cl of heavy cream
- 100g blue cheese (or Roquefort cheese)
- 50g grated cheese
- In a mixing bowl, use a fork to mash the blue cheese until it’s smooth, then add the heavy cream. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Incorporate the eggs and grated cheese into the mixture, and whisk everything together until well blended.
- Arrange the cauliflower and broccoli florets in individual ramekins or oven-safe dishes.
- Divide the gratin mixture evenly among the ramekins, ensuring it covers the vegetables.
- Bake the gratins in a preheated oven at 180°C (356°F) for approximately 15 minutes, or until they are golden and bubbling.
- Serve the gratins hot, alongside a crisp green salad to round out the meal.
Enjoy this delightful dish that combines the creamy richness of the gratin with the freshness of a green salad for a well-rounded and satisfying dining experience!
SOURCE : homeremediesseasy.com