PREP TIME : 15 MINS
COOK TIME : 25 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 40 MINS
Cherry pie bars are sweet dessert bars with a buttery crisp crust topped with homemade cherry pie filling.
- ▢½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter, melted, cooled to room temperature
- ▢½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- ▢1½ cups (187.5 g) all-purpose flour
- ▢½ teaspoon baking soda
- ▢½ teaspoon baking powder
- ▢¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢2 cups (510 g) cherry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, including up the sides of the dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Use a fork to stir the mixture together until combined. The mixture should look like crumbs.
- Remove ¾ cup of the mixture to use as the topping and set aside.
- Firmly press the remaining crumb mixture into the lined pan.
- Top with cherry pie filling.
- Using your hands, evenly distribute the reserved crumb mixture over the cherry pie filling.
- Bake 23-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the bars cool before cutting and serving.
You can use store-bought canned cherry pie filling or make your own (highly recommend!) with this recipe Cherry Pie Filling recipe.
Keyword: Cherry Pie Bars