Cherry pie filling is covered with chocolate cake mix and topped with butter, all ‘dumped’ in one pan, and baked together for a chocolate-cherry treat.
PREP TIME : 5 MINS
COOK TIME : 1 HR
TOTAL TIME : 1 HR 5 MINS
- ▢1 box (15.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- ▢2 cans (42 ounces) cherry pie filling
- ▢1 teaspoon almond extract
- ▢½ cup (1 stick or 113g) butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 12-inch oven-safe skillet. (You could also use a 9×9-inch or 9×13-inch baking dish.)
- In the prepared skillet or baking dish, add the cherry pie filling and the almond extract. Mix together and spread it evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the top, being careful to cover all of the pie filling.
- Slice the butter into small pads (about 16) and spread them out evenly over the top of the cake mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the topping is golden brown and the pie filling is bubbling.
Keyword: Cherry Dump Cake, Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake