Crunch into the tropical delight of our Coconut Bliss Cake, featuring a luscious coconut-infused creation draped in the tangy embrace of raspberry jam and crowned with a velvety coconut glaze.
For the Cake:
- 3 cups (297g) of cake flour, sifted (sift before measuring)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of room-temperature butter
- 1 pound (450g) of powdered sugar
- 4 well-beaten egg yolks (beat until well combined, about 1 minute)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract (or coconut extract)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 4 well-beaten egg whites
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C) and generously grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder, and salt. Sift this mixture three times for an airy texture.
- In another mixing bowl, thoroughly cream the butter and gradually add the powdered sugar. Continue creaming until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Incorporate the beaten egg yolks and beat well. Alternate adding the flour mixture and coconut milk, ensuring thorough mixing after each addition. Stir in the shredded coconut and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the beaten egg whites until the batter is well combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- This recipe yields two 9-inch layers, which you can later slice in half to create four layers.
For the Raspberry and Coconut Frosting:
- In a saucepan, whisk together 1 cup of milk and 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble. Reduce the heat, and continue to cook and stir for an additional two minutes. Remove from heat, cover the surface with plastic wrap, and allow it to cool to room temperature without stirring.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, and extracts until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. Gradually add the cooled milk mixture to the butter mixture, a quarter cup at a time, while beating on low-speed after each addition until the mixture is smooth. If needed, add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, and continue beating until the frosting achieves the desired thickness.
- Carefully slice each cake layer in half horizontally. Spread a thin layer of raspberry jam between the sliced layers. For an extra twist, sprinkle a hint of shredded coconut over the jam.
- Alternate layers of raspberry jam and the coconut frosting between the cake layers, then frost the top and sides of the cake generously with the remaining frosting. Sprinkle additional shredded coconut on top and around the sides of the frosted cake.
- Slice and serve this tropical delicacy, and watch as your guests savor each delightful bite!
Note: You can also add a delicate layer of shredded coconut in between the raspberry jam in each layer for an extra burst of coconut flavor. Enjoy your Coconut Bliss Cake!
picture source : keyingredient.com