Crab stuffed mushrooms are a culinary delight, and with the festive season approaching, there’s no better time to impress your guests with these delectable appetizers. Whether you’re hosting a holiday gathering or simply looking for a satisfying main course, this quick and creamy recipe is the perfect choice. Let’s dive into the world of flavors and learn how to make these tantalizing Crab Stuffed Mushrooms.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 12 stuffed mushrooms
- 12 medium button mushrooms or cremini mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed and discarded
- Olive oil spray
- 1 box (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs or panko breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1 cup cooked shelled crab, finely chopped (such as King Crab)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray the mushrooms with olive oil and arrange them cap side down on a baking sheet or baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, fresh bread crumbs, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, green onions, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, chopped Italian parsley, and finely chopped crab meat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into each mushroom.
- Bake the stuffed mushrooms for 20 minutes. In the final minute of cooking, turn on the broiler to lightly brown the tops. Keep a close eye on them, as broilers can be unpredictable.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
- To prevent the mushrooms from releasing excess moisture when you bite into them, you can precook them for about 2-3 minutes, turning them upside down on a rack to allow drainage.
- For a bit of extra kick, consider adding 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper.
- If you prefer, you can use cremini mushrooms (also known as baby bella mushrooms) instead of white button mushrooms.
- Smaller mushrooms are a great choice for parties, as they stretch the recipe further. Just reduce the cooking time slightly for the smaller mushrooms.
- Don’t discard the mushroom stems. Chop them finely and sauté them with a bit of olive oil or butter and garlic in a skillet over medium heat before adding them to the mixture.
- Feel free to experiment with different spices and herbs, such as paprika, thyme leaves, chopped chives, fresh parsley, dried oregano, snipped rosemary, or Old Bay seasoning.
- You can also add sautéed chopped spinach or chopped artichokes to the filling for a twist.
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese is recommended for its superior flavor compared to the canned variety.
- Fresh bread crumbs work wonders in this recipe, but you can crush croutons in a bag or food processor as an alternative.
These mouthwatering Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are an ideal appetizer for your next gathering or even a delightful main course. With their irresistible combination of fresh crab, cream cheese, and a medley of seasonings, they are sure to leave your guests raving. So, whether you’re hosting a holiday feast or a casual get-together, give this recipe a try and watch the magic unfold in your kitchen. Enjoy the flavors and the smiles that follow!
image source : small town woman