There’s something about a steaming bowl of soup that warms both the body and the soul. Soup enthusiasts, rejoice! Creamy Alfredo Lasagna Soup is here to elevate your dining experience. This culinary creation is a symphony of flavors, with sausage, mushrooms, spinach, and lasagna noodles swathed in a luscious Parmesan broth, seasoned to perfection. In the world of comfort food, this soup reigns supreme. Whether you’re welcoming the crisp embrace of fall or seeking solace from a winter wonderland, this soup is your ultimate companion.
Remember the words of wisdom from Mom, who always believed that worries go down better with soup. She was onto something, and this easy-to-make soup not only soothes the soul but also satisfies your taste buds. Plus, the leftovers are just as delightful as the first serving.
- 1/2 lb ground sausage
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of fresh baby spinach
- 5 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 5 lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Begin by browning the ground sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat. As the sausage sizzles, add the finely chopped onion and sliced mushrooms. Allow them to cook together for about 5-6 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Stir in the minced garlic and the fresh baby spinach. Let them sauté for a minute while giving the mixture an occasional stir.
- Pour in the low-sodium chicken broth, and let it simmer for approximately 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Add the broken pieces of lasagna noodles, dried oregano, and dried basil to the pot, and bring the mixture to a low boil. Continue cooking for 10-12 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- In a separate skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Once melted, whisk in the all-purpose flour and continue cooking for about a minute, ensuring the mixture starts to bubble.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until the mixture turns smooth and thick, which should take around 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and slowly whisk in the freshly grated Parmesan cheese. If the cheese isn’t melting smoothly, place it over very low heat and whisk constantly. Once the Parmesan is fully melted and the mixture becomes creamy, slowly add this to the soup, continuing to whisk as you pour.
Enjoy the Heartwarming Elegance: The Creamy Alfredo Lasagna Soup is a celebration of rich flavors and wholesome ingredients. Whether you savor it during the fall’s crisp days or amidst a snowy landscape, this soup will warm your heart and bring a smile to your face. And, just like Mom and Grandma used to say, worries do go down better with soup, especially when it’s as delicious as this. So, whip up this delightful creation and relish every spoonful, knowing that it’s a taste of tradition and comfort.
image source : small town woman