This Delicious Gingerbread Cake Recipe begins from a moist and perfectly spiced gingerbread batter that creates the most heavenly textured cake you will ever taste!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Servings: 16 servings
For the Pound Cake
- ▢1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ▢1 cup light brown sugar packed
- ▢1 cup granulated sugar
- ▢1 cup molasses
- ▢4 large eggs room temperature
- ▢3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- ▢2 tbsp McCormick ginger, ground
- ▢2 tsp McCormick cinnamon, ground
- ▢1 tsp baking soda
- ▢1 tsp salt
- ▢1/2 tsp McCormick Allspice, ground
- ▢1/2 tsp McCormick Cloves, ground
- ▢1 cup buttermilk
- ▢1 1/2 tbsp McCormick pure vanilla extract
For the Glaze
- ▢1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- ▢1 tbsp maple syrup
- ▢1/2 tbsp milk
- ▢Edible white chocolate snowflakes for garnish
US Customary – Metric
For the Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 12-cup Bundt pan with non-stick baking spray or grease with shortening/butter and flour and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add together butter, both sugars and molasses and beat on high speed until light and fluffy for about 5 minutes.
- Next, add in eggs one at a time and mix until well incorporated.
- Slow mixer to lowest speed and carefully add flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, allspice, and cloves in increments and mix until well combined.
- Lastly mix in buttermilk and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then invert cake into cooling rack or serving plate, cool until room temperature, then prepare glaze.
For the Glaze
- Once cake is completely cooled, whisk together confectioner’s sugar, maple syrup and milk. Add more milk or syrup if needed. Glaze should be pourable but not too thin.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled cake. Garnish with snowflakes and serve.