HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Set the oven at 350°F, Butter or spray with nonstick cooking spray a 9 X 13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk the first 4 ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the Coca Cola, cocoa, and butter and bring just to a boil, over medium-high, stirring occasionally. Pour into flour mixture and stir until blended.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla together then whisk into flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Start making the glaze the last 15 minutes before the cake is done baking. In a saucepan, bring the Coca Cola to a boil, over medium-high; continue to cook 12-15 minutes or until soda has been reduced to 1/2 a cup.
- Stir in the butter, and cocoa until the butter has melted. Remove from heat, add vanilla and Confectioners’ Sugar and mix until smooth.
- Pour immediately over hot cake.
Nutrition: -Protein: 3.4g, -Fat: 20.7g, -Carbs: 66.9g, -Calories: 453, -Calcium: 24mg, -Cholesterol: 61mg, -Iron: 2%, -Vitamin C: 0.1mg, -Sugar: 7g, -Fiber: 1.5g, -Potassium: 86mg, -Saturated Fat: 3g, -Sodium: 198mg.
Keywords: Coca Cola homemade cake.