- 1 lb sirloin or round steak, sliced thin against the grain
- ¼ c soy sauce divided
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 c low-sodium beef broth
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large bell peppers, cubed (red, green, or both)
- 1 large onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced or grated
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed (or several small)
- Cooked rice for serving
- Soy sauce for serving
How To Make GREEN PEPPER STEAK
Step 1: Marinate the sliced steak in 2 tbsp soy sauce and sugar.
Step 2: Mix the cornstarch, beef broth, the remaining 2 tbsp soy sauce in a small bowl or 2 cup measure until well incorporated and set aside.
Step 3: In a large skillet, heat a tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add half of the beef and cook until the edges turned brown. Flip and cook the other side for another 2 minutes. Transfer the cooked beef to a plate and keep warm. Add a tbsp more of oil and cook the rest of the beef slices.
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …