Haystacks are a sweet and savory no-bake treat made with almond shells, peanuts, chow mein noodles and chips.
PREP TIME : 15 MINS
RESTING TIME : 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 30 MINS
- ▢24 ounces vanilla almond bark*
- ▢1 cup (146g) chopped salted peanuts
- ▢3 cups (168g) chow mein noodles
- ▢2 cups (68g) ripple potato chips
- ▢sprinkles, optional
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To a large bowl, add peanuts, chow mein noodles, and potato chips.
- In a separate, microwave-safe bowl, melt the almond bark according to package directions.
- Pour the melted almond bark into the bowl with the peanuts, chow mein noodles, and chips. Stir together. (The chips should crush naturally.) Mix until all ingredients are fully coated.
- Use a spoon to drop dollops of the mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheets. (If the mixture has hardened before you are able to spoon it all onto the baking sheets, simply pop the mixture into the microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until the bark has melted again.)
- Top with sprinkles (optional).
- Set aside until the almond bark has firmed (10-15 minutes).
*You can substitute butterscotch or dark or milk chocolate for almond bark.
Servings: 28 haystacks