Grout is everywhere in your home… and it can get incredibly gross. Whether it’s on your bathroom tile or in your kitchen, grout is one of the hardest things to clean in your home. It’s hard to get it to shine and it tends to keep getting dirty unless it’s really cleaned thoroughly. Enter: The Grout Grime Buster 3000. Fancy. In reality, the Grout Grime Buster 3000 is a home cleaning tool you can make yourself for less than $5!
For the perfect tile and grout cleaning solution, combine 1/4 cup of OxiClean and 2 cups of warm water. Let the solution sit on the grout for 10-15 minutes before using your Grout Grime Buster 3000 to buff the grime away.
Use this simple DIY cleaning solution and brilliant DIY tool on your kitchen tile, your bathroom floor tile, in your shower or even in your laundry room!
– Soap Dispensing Palm Brush Refills: $1.99
– Hex Tap Bolt: $2.02
– Hex Nut
– Flat Washer
– 2 Split Washers (All washers and nuts total $0.80)
– Crescent Wrench
– Socket Wrench
1. Slip one of the split washers onto the bolt and slide on one of the palm brush refills.
2. Place a flat washer on the other side of the brush refill.
3. Place the last split nut washer after the flat washer.
4. Screw on the hex nut firmly.
5. Use a crescent wrench and a socket wrench to ratchet it down – not too tightly though.
6. Finally, stick the Grout Grime buster into your power drill to buff grime away.