Hot Buttered Rum is a classic cocktail made with butter, brown sugar, and spices, mixed with rum and hot water for a drink that will warm you up on cold, winter days.
PREP TIME : 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 10 MINS
- ▢1 cup (2 sticks / 227 g) Challenge unsalted butter, room temperature
- ▢2 cups (400 g) light brown sugar, packed
- ▢1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ▢½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ▢¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ▢3-4 tablespoons buttered rum mixture, per serving
- ▢1½ ounces spiced rum, per serving
- ▢6 ounces hot water, per serving
- In a large bowl, add butter and brown sugar. Use a hand mixer on medium-high speed to cream together until light and fluffy.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. Continue mixing until well blended. This will make about 1¾ cups of the mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Set out a coffee mug. Scoop 3-4 tablespoons of buttered rum mixture into the mug. Top with rum and hot water. Stir to dissolve.
- Serve immediately.
Keyword: Hot Buttered Rum