Indulge in the rich and savory allure of our Hungarian-Inspired Mushroom Elegance. This quick and easy recipe promises a creamy symphony of flavors, blending cremini and white mushrooms, fresh dill, authentic Hungarian sweet paprika, and the velvety goodness of sour cream. Elevate your culinary experience with this umami-packed soup, perfect for mushroom enthusiasts seeking a taste adventure.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 lbs. cremini or white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup whole milk (at room temperature)
- ½ cup sour cream, plus extra for garnish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish
- In a Dutch Oven or soup pot over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Sauté onions and mushrooms until onions are soft and mushrooms are beautifully browned.
- Reduce heat to low. Add dill and paprika, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Sprinkle in flour and continue stirring for an additional 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour in vegetable broth and soy sauce, allowing it to simmer gently for 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in milk, sour cream, and lemon juice. Season with kosher salt and black pepper to taste. Serve promptly, garnished with chopped fresh parsley and a dollop of sour cream.
- Chopped fresh Italian parsley
- A dollop of sour cream
- Chopped fresh dill
- Sautéed mushrooms
Tips and Notes:
- Opt for a 50/50 mix of cremini and white button mushrooms for a rich, complex flavor.
- Use sweet Hungarian paprika for an authentic touch; explore sweet and spicy varieties for a hint of heat.
- Ensure milk and sour cream are at room temperature for a smooth incorporation.
- Avoid boiling the soup after adding sour cream to prevent separation.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days; reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Due to the sour cream content, freezing is not recommended for this delightful mushroom concoction.
Delight your palate with the sophisticated charm of Hungarian-Inspired Mushroom Elegance. This velvety, umami-infused soup is a celebration of flavors, offering a culinary journey that captivates the senses. Experience the richness of cremini and white mushrooms, harmonized with the warmth of Hungarian paprika and the creamy luxury of sour cream. A feast for mushroom enthusiasts, this recipe promises a taste adventure like no other.
Source of the picture : small town woman