If you notice these signs or have these symptoms then you have carbon monoxide poisoning

0
157

Carbon monoxide poisoning reaps many lives each and every year, nearly 430 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning annually and the same poisoning is responsible for more than 20000 emergency room visit every year in the United States alone. This is a sad thing because those emergency cases and deaths could have been avoided, but the scentless and colorless carbon monoxide can be hardly detected and that is why it is dangerous.

The following symptoms are the most common ones of carbon monoxide poisoning, and you should not ignore them. The symptoms are:

  • drowsiness
  • general weakness
  • dizziness
  • confusion
  • headache
  • blurred vision
  • confusion
  • shortness of breath

If you experience all of these symptoms at once, you should go outside immediately to get some fresh air.

Unfortunately, most people confuse carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms to flu or general fatigues, but the decisive sign is experiencing the symptoms at home only, and it is primarily caused by a gas leak. If you have a pet, then it can confirm your suspicion if it experiences the same symptoms as well.

When dealing with a gas leak, make sure to turn off all of the gas appliances immediately, then head on outside. A mistake that most people do is look for the leak’s source and that can cost you your life because you can pass out quickly if you inhale the gas for a long period of time. Make sure to seek immediate medical assistance because the poisoning can lead to permanent brain damage, dangerous and life-threatening heart complications, other dangerous complications, and death if not treated.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here