Oatmeal Cream Pies are soft oatmeal cookies with a creamy, marshmallow layer that will remind you of the classic Little Debbie snack.
PREP TIME : 10 MINS
COOK TIME : 10 MINS
CHILL : 30 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 50 MINS
- ▢1 cup (2 sticks / 227g) butter, softened
- ▢1 cup (200 g) brown sugar, packed
- ▢½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- ▢2 large eggs, room temperature
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla
- ▢1½ cups (187.5 g) all-purpose flour
- ▢3 cups (270 g) old-fashioned oats
- ▢1 teaspoon baking soda
- ▢2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ▢¾ cup (1½ sticks / 170g) butter, softened
- ▢3 cups (375 g) confectioners’ sugar
- ▢1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- ▢1-3 tablespoons whole milk
- In your stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter and sugars. Cream for 2-3 minutes or until they are fully incorporated and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Turn the mixer off and add in the flour, oats, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- With the mixer on low, mix until just combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop (Mine holds about 1½ tablespoons of batter) and drop dough onto the parchment-lined baking sheet about 2 inches between.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. The top of the cookie may appear a little wet, but they will continue to bake out of the oven. You don’t want the cookies raw, so make sure they bake for at least 8 minutes.
- After allowing the cookies to slightly cool, move them to a cooling rack.
- While the cookies are cooling, mix together the butter, sugar, and marshmallow creme.
- Add enough milk to make the filling spreadable.
- Spread filling on the bottoms of half the cookies and top with the remaining cookies.
Course: Dessert, Snack
Keyword: Oatmeal Cream Pies
Servings: 12 cream pies