If you think you don’t like pumpkin desserts, give this cake a try. There’s a hint of pumpkin flavor but it’s not overpowering. Pumpkin puree helps to make the yellow cake super moist. Sweetened condensed milk also adds moisture to the cake and provides so much sweet flavor. Creamy Cool Whip on top with crunchy Heath bar bits is the perfect topping. Insanely easy to make, try this cake whenever you’re trying to satisfy your sweet tooth.
SERVES : 12
PREP TIME : 15 Min
COOK TIME : 5 Hr
METHOD : Bake
- 1 boxyellow cake mix (15.25 oz)
- 1 canpumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix, 15 oz.)
- 1 cansweetened condensed milk (fat free is ok, 14 oz.)
- 1 pkgCool Whip (8 oz)
- 1/2 bagHeath bits (8 oz bag)
- caramel sundae sauce
How To Make
- 1– In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix and pumpkin puree until a smooth batter forms.
- 2– Pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish and bake at 350 F according to the directions on the cake mix box (approx 23-28 mins).
- 3– Remove cake from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes after baking.
- 4– Using the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- 5– Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake. This should fill in the holes and soak into the cake.
- 6– Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 7– Remove cake from refrigerator and spread Cool Whip over top of the cake. Sprinkle on the Heath bits and drizzle caramel over top. (Note: if you want it less sweet you can use less of the jar.)