Indulge in the exquisite delight of our unique and original Creamy Shrimp Pasta Salad, a perfect fusion of flavors and textures that will elevate your spring and summer meals. Whether you’re hosting a casual cookout, a family reunion, a neighborhood social, or a pool party, this recipe is designed to impress your guests and leave them craving more.
Creamy Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipe
Imagine a delectable combination of succulent shrimp, tender pasta, sweet peas, crisp celery, vibrant bell pepper, zesty red onion, and aromatic fresh dill, all harmoniously united in a luscious mayonnaise dressing with hints of honey, garlic, and mustard. This delightful side dish is the epitome of summer cuisine, perfect for a light lunch, a refreshing dinner, or a crowd-pleaser at any gathering. So, gather your ingredients, and let’s create a culinary masterpiece that’s as unique as it is delicious.
- 3/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely pressed
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Shrimp Pasta Salad:
- 1 lb. of medium shell pasta
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 12 ounces of frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh dill
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
- Prepare the Creamy Dressing: In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, pressed garlic, honey, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Season the dressing with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cook the Pasta: In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta until it’s al dente, following the package instructions. Once done, drain the pasta in a colander and rinse it with cold water to halt the cooking process. Drain thoroughly, ensuring excess water is removed.
- Assemble the Shrimp Pasta Salad: In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta and the frozen peas. Allow them to sit for a few minutes, allowing the pasta’s residual heat to thaw the peas. Next, add the thawed cooked shrimp, chopped celery, finely diced bell pepper, red onion, and the fresh dill. Gently stir in the prepared creamy dressing, ensuring all ingredients are evenly coated. Refrigerate the salad until it’s ready to serve.
- Prepare the creamy dressing up to 24 hours in advance for enhanced convenience.
- Allow the frozen peas to thaw slightly on the counter as you begin the recipe.
- Experiment with various short pasta shapes like rotini, elbow macaroni, farfalle, penne, or cellentani. The key is to rinse the hot pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process, then incorporate the peas to finish thawing due to the pasta’s residual heat.
- While salad shrimp from the frozen seafood section of your local grocery store are recommended, you can use larger cooked shrimp if diced into bite-sized pieces.
- Elevate the flavors by using fresh dill or other herbs like thyme, rosemary, or chives.
- For those who enjoy a bit of spice, consider adding a touch of Old Bay Seasoning or cayenne pepper.
- Garnish your masterpiece with sliced green onions, zesty lemon zest, fresh parsley, or a delicate sprinkle of paprika.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, allowing you to savor the flavors over multiple meals.
Conclusion: Our unique and original Creamy Shrimp Pasta Salad brings a symphony of tastes to your table, ensuring your gatherings are memorable and your taste buds delighted. With a refreshing blend of ingredients and a creamy dressing that’s simple to prepare, you’ll have a crowd-pleasing dish that’s perfect for any sunny occasion. So, get creative, enjoy the process, and relish every bite of this culinary masterpiece!
image source : small town woman