HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown ground turkey (or ground beef) over medium-high heat. Drain off any fat from pan. Set aside.*
- Open and drain olives then slice entire can. (Can also substitute this step with 1 can presliced black olives.)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix soup, salsa, chilies, olives and milk together. Mix in 1 cup shredded cheese. Add drained ground turkey.
- Cut torillas into four strips length wise. Then cut strips into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix in torilla pieces into soup mix.
- Spray 13-x-9 inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon mixture evenly into casserole dish. Cover tightly with foil.**
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 – 50 minutes or until hot throughout (180 degrees F). Remove from oven and uncover. Sprinkle removing cheese on top. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let set up for 10 minutes before serving with sour cream.
- Let cool slightly to prevent cheese from melting when adding to mixture.
To prevent tortillas from sticking to the foil, spray with non-stick cooking spray before covering tightly.
- Tips: Great weekday dinner when served with a nice green salad. This recipe can also be made ahead of time and stored overnight. Just make sure to pull it from refrigerator about 15 minutes before placing into 400 degree F oven.