Introduction: Indulge in the holiday spirit with our enchanting Festive Butter Bliss Spritz Cookies! These petite, buttery delights are not only delectable but also a joy to create. With a quick and easy recipe, they add a whimsical touch to your Christmas cookie assortment. Get ready for a delightful baking experience that’s perfect for festive gatherings and cozy moments by the fireplace.
Yield: 84 cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- (optional) Chocolate chips, melted chocolate, sprinkles, sanding sugar, or nonpareils for decorating
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and position the rack in the center.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in a stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt, mixing until combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add flour, mixing until incorporated.
- Fill the cookie press and press cookies onto a cool baking sheet, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for approximately 6 minutes or until golden brown. Allow cookies to cool for 3-4 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
- Fully cool cookies before decorating with chocolate or powdered sugar glaze. Sprinkle with toppings immediately after decorating.
Tips and Variations:
- For chocolate spritz cookies, reduce flour by 1/4 cup and add 1/4 cup cocoa powder to the dough.
- Add warm spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, ground cloves, or allspice for a delightful spice variation.
- Change the dough color by incorporating a small amount of gel food coloring before blending the flour.
- Avoid parchment paper or silicone mats for baking; the cookies fare better directly on the cookie sheet.
- Plan decorations in advance, deciding whether to use melted chocolate, glaze, or both. Sprinkles without chocolate or glaze should be added before baking.
- Freeze cookies before decorating, then thaw and decorate to maintain optimal texture and flavor.
These Festive Butter Bliss Spritz Cookies not only captivate the essence of the season but also offer a delightful canvas for your creative touch. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting, these cookies are a must-try for spreading joy and sweetness during the holiday season. Store them in an airtight container for up to a week, or freeze for future celebrations. Happy baking and may your festivities be filled with the warmth of these delicious, uniquely crafted treats!
Source of the picture : small town woman