Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are chocolate chip cookies filled with walnuts and oatmeal that are based on the DoubleTree Hilton’s cookies.
PREP TIME : 15 MINS
COOK TIME : 23 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 38 MINS
- ▢1 cup (2 sticks / 227g) butter, softened
- ▢¾ cup (150 g) granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- ▢¾ cup (150 g) light brown sugar, packed
- ▢2 large eggs, room temperature
- ▢1¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ▢¼ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ▢2¼ cups (281 g) all-purpose flour
- ▢½ cup (45 g) rolled oats
- ▢1 teaspoon baking soda
- ▢1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢1 pinch cinnamon
- ▢2⅔ cups (448 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ▢1¾ cups (205 g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice, blending with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, blending for about 45 seconds. Do not overmix.
- Remove bowl from the mixer and stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Portion dough with a 3 tablespoon scoop about 2 inches apart onto the lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is still soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheets for about an hour before serving.
Course: Dessert, Snack
Keyword: Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookie
Servings: 36 cookies