PREP TIME : 15 MIN
SCOOK TIME : 26 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 41 MINS
There is something utterly refreshing about walking out to the garden and choosing a vegetable that I can turn into a cake. So often when I think about cake and baking I think sugar, sweet, over-the-top decadence.
BANANA ZUCCCHINI CAKE
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups shredded zucchini drained
WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
STRUCTIONSFOR THE CAKE
- Heat oven to 350 and prepare three 8-inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a stand mixer on low speed add in the sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, and banana. Mix on medium speed for about 1 minute, or until fully combined.
- One cup at a time add the flour mixture into the sugar mixture. Mix until just incorporated and remove bowl from mixer.
- Stir in the drained and shredded zucchini.
- *I prefer to not peel the green skin off on my zucchini, but you certainly can. If you have a very large zucchini, remove any seeds prior to grating.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes, or until inserted toothpick is removed mostly clean.
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …