These burgers are simple and delicious. My guy’s Aunt Kathy made these when I first met him. I recently asked for the recipe and added my twist (different seasoning & and a sauce.
Her version is made with mayo but you can replace the sauce with BBQ sauce or whatever you like. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does.
SERVES : 6-8
PREP TIME : 10 Min
COOK TIME : 25 Min
METHOD : Griddle
Ingredients For Aunt Kathy’s Oven Burgers
- 8wheat or sesame hamburger buns
- 2 lbground sirloin or lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 Tbspmontreal steak seasoning blend
- 1 lgonion, yellow
- 1/2 cmayonnaise
- 1 Tbspcatsup
- 1 Tbspyellow mustard
- 4 slicedill pickle, finely diced
- 1/4 tspgarlic powder
- 1/4 tsppaprika
- 1-2 pinchcayenne pepper (optional)
- american & swiss cheese slices
- OPTIONAL BURGER ADDITIONS
- 1/3 pkgbacon bits
- 1 Tbspgarlic, minced
- 2-3 slicepickled jalapeno
How To Make Aunt Kathy’s Oven Burgers
- 1-Combine ground sirloin and montreal steak seasoning in large bowl, fold lightly. Do not overwork meat.
**optional additions 1 large clove garlic minced
3T bacon bits
- 2-Fry burgers on stovetop or grill until they are light pink in the middle not quite fully cooked. they will continue to cook in the oven.
- 3-Add sauce to top and bottom of burger buns, add a slice of american cheese on one side of bun and a slice of swiss cheese on the other side then place cooked sirloin burger on bun and top with a slice of onion & jalepeno (optional).
- 4-Wrap each burger in foil and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Just to melt cheese & cook onion slightly.
I serve these with a cold potato salad or pasta salad and veggies or chips.