Banana Bread Brownies Recipe
For the Brownies:
- 1 ½ cups of White Sugar
- 1 cup of Regular Sour Cream
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 3 Large Ripe Bananas (mashed)
- 2 tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- ¾ tsp of Kosher Salt
- 2 cups of Chopped Pecans
For the Frosting:
- ½ cup of Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp of Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 tbsp of Whole Milk
Making Your Banana Bread Brownies:
- Begin by preheating your oven to a cozy 375 degrees. Take a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and give it a gentle coat of nonstick baking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper, allowing some overhang for easy removal. Don’t forget to spray the parchment paper as well. Set it aside for now.
Creating the Batter:
- In a spacious mixing bowl, blend together the white sugar, regular sour cream, room-temperature butter, and eggs using an electric mixer until they form a harmonious mixture.
- Now, introduce the mashed bananas and the pure vanilla extract to the mixing bowl. Continue mixing until all these ingredients blend seamlessly.
- In another bowl, unite the all-purpose flour, baking soda, and kosher salt. Add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until they combine beautifully.
- It’s time to add the star ingredient – those chopped pecans. Gently fold them into the batter, ensuring they’re evenly distributed. Pour this delightful batter into your prepared baking pan.
Baking Your Brownie Delight:
- Place your pan into the preheated oven and let it bake at 375 degrees for around 20-30 minutes. To test for doneness, insert a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, your Banana Bread Brownies are ready to shine.
- Once they’ve achieved their golden glory, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool gracefully in the pan.
Whipping Up the Frosting Magic:
- Let’s start with crafting the magical brown butter. Slice the chilled butter and heat it in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Keep a vigilant eye as it melts and begins to develop those delightful specks at the bottom, releasing a heavenly nutty scent.
- Pour this enchanting brown butter into a bowl.
Creating the Frosting:
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, into the bowl of brown butter. Stir diligently after each addition to ensure a smooth blend.
- Continue this delightful process until all 3 cups of powdered sugar are fully incorporated into the butter.
- Add the milk and pure vanilla extract into this mixture, and use an electric mixer to create a creamy, heavenly frosting.
- Crown your Banana Bread Brownies with this velvety frosting, spreading it generously to embrace every corner of the pan and lovingly coat every inch of the brownies.
- Once they’ve embraced their frosting robes, allow them to cool further.
- With the utmost care, cut these divine Banana Bread Brownies into delectable squares.
Indulge in these unique Banana Bread Brownies, which are certain to captivate your taste buds and become a beloved addition to your recipe repertoire.
picture credit : all we cook