Experience the timeless comfort of our revamped Bread and Butter Pudding recipe. This classic dessert has been given a delightful twist to elevate your taste buds to new heights. Each bite is a harmonious blend of creamy custard, plump raisins, and the subtle warmth of cinnamon. This original take on the traditional favorite is perfect for any occasion, from family gatherings to solo indulgence. So, let’s dive into creating this irresistible Bread and Butter Pudding masterpiece.
Bread and Butter Pudding Recipe:
- 8 slices of bread, crusts removed
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, plus extra for topping
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Begin by removing the crusts from the bread slices. Spread a generous layer of softened butter on one side of each slice, and then cut them diagonally to create delightful triangular pieces.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish thoroughly. Arrange the first layer of bread slices in the dish with the buttered side facing up.
- Sprinkle half of the raisins and the ground cinnamon evenly over the first layer of bread.
- Place the remaining bread slices on top of the first layer to create the second layer. Distribute the remaining raisins and cinnamon evenly.
- In a saucepan, gently warm the whole milk and heavy cream. Be cautious not to bring it to a boil; we want it just warm enough.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Gradually pour a small amount of the warmed milk mixture into the bowl with the egg mixture while whisking continuously. This step ensures that the eggs are tempered without curdling.
- Once the egg mixture has been tempered, whisk it into the warm milk mixture, which should be removed from heat by now. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- Pour this creamy custard mixture evenly over the layers of bread in the baking dish. Allow it to rest for about 30 minutes, allowing the custard to set and infuse the bread with its richness.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Bake the pudding for approximately 30 minutes, or until it turns a gorgeous golden brown and is cooked through.
- Sprinkle a touch of granulated sugar over the top and allow it to caramelize for that irresistible sweet crust.
- Serve your Bread and Butter Pudding warm and savor the delightful blend of textures and flavors.
Our revamped Bread and Butter Pudding is a symphony of comforting flavors that will transport you to a world of culinary delight. This reimagined classic is perfect for those seeking a nostalgic treat with a modern twist. Share it with loved ones or savor it as a personal indulgence; either way, this dessert is sure to become a cherished favorite. Enjoy every bite of this heavenly creation, where creamy custard, plump raisins, and the warmth of cinnamon unite in sweet harmony.
SOURCE : all we cook