PREP TIME: 15 MIN
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR
TOTAL TIME: 1 H & 15 M
A no-fail Southern recipe for tender baby lima beans (butterbeans) cooked low and slow with bacon.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb. fresh or fresh-frozen baby lima beans
- 4 cups chicken broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste)
- Cut bacon into small pieces then cook until crisp in a large saucepan.
- Add beans then add enough broth or water to cover the beans by a little less than an inch of liquid (you may not need all 4 cups).
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …