This quick and easy homemade Alfredo sauce is the perfect recipe for when you need an easy and delicious dinner. It requires only five ingredients and can be made in less than 10 minutes.
Alfredo sauce made with five ingredients
We all have a jar of our favorite pasta sauce on hand and want to make a quick and easy dinner. But have you ever looked at what’s in a jar of store-bought Alfredo sauce? Save yourself the trouble and make this homemade Alfredo sauce.
This sauce only requires five ingredients, which you can get instead of buying a mystery jar at the store. What’s more, most of the ingredients should already be in the house. They are all the ingredients needed to make this creamy, rich Alfredo sauce (which you can read and understand!) . In.
Why is this the best Alfredo sauce recipe?
We know you’ll love this recipe. That’s why this Alfredo sauce is easily one of our favorite pasta sauces.
- There are only five ingredients. Plus, we’re willing to bet you already have them in your kitchen. So all you need is a box of pasta and you’re ready for dinner Super quick recipe.
- This is a super quick recipe. There’s not a lot of prep work, and this recipe takes only 10 minutes to make. (That’s plenty of time to cook the pasta!) . .
- It uses complete, simple ingredients. If you look at a jar of Alfredo sauce in the supermarket, you’ll see that it contains a lot of ingredients you don’t need. This recipe does not contain any additives or preservatives.
The five simple ingredients in this Alfredo sauce are explained in detail. See the recipe card below for the exact quantities.
- Butter This is the basic ingredient of this recipe. The richness comes from the melted butter. If possible, it is recommended to use unsalted butter. This will allow you to adjust the salt content of the sauce.
- Garlic. There is no such thing as too much garlic! Our advice. Garlic is a very good balance to the creaminess. Add more garlic to your liking.
- Whipping Cream For a thicker, creamier sauce, we recommend using whipping cream. If you want to use whole milk or half-fat milk, that’s fine too. But keep in mind that alfredo sauce may not be the same thickness.
- Parmesan cheese. For this sauce, we recommend grating your own freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Grated Parmesan has additives to ensure that it stays fresh for longer. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese has more flavor.
- Salt and pepper. Freshly ground black pepper is best.
- Nutmeg (optional). Nutmeg is optional, but a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg can make a big difference in the final flavor. It adds a touch of warmth to the dish, and we love it.
How to make homemade alfredo sauce
Here’s how to make a simple alfredo sauce – it only takes about 10 minutes!
- First, melt the butter in a saucepan. Be careful not to let the butter turn brown.
- Next, add the garlic. Again, keep the heat low so that the garlic and butter do not brown. Cook the garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the cream. Next, add the cream and bring to a boil, cooking for 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning.
- Add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Then stir to melt the cheese. Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste. The sauce is now ready to serve.
Recipe for success.
Use the best ingredients for this recipe.
- Buy the best ingredients for this recipe. When making Alfredo, it is important to use fresh ingredients. It is important to use Parmesan cheese, cream and pepper.
- If making half and half, add extra parmesan cheese. If using half and half instead of cream, use a little more freshly grated Parmesan cheese to thicken the sauce.
- How to add lemon to Alfredo sauce. A new bait lure is a great way to serve fish and shrimp in a sauce that has a little extra flavor. They work very well with fish and shrimp.
- If necessary, double the quantity. This recipe makes about 2 cups of Alfredo sauce, which is enough to coat 8 ounces of pasta. You can easily double the recipe if necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Here are some frequently asked questions about making homemade alfredo sauce.
Can I use half and half instead of cream?
Yes, you can use half and half in this recipe. However, please note that the sauce will not be as creamy as one made with whipped cream. You can also add grated cheese to thicken the sauce.
How can I thicken alfredo sauce?
You can add more grated Parmesan cheese to thicken the Alfredo sauce. This is another reason why I recommend grating your own cheese. The light, fluffy cheese melts very easily into the sauce, so it’s easy to add a little to help you get the consistency you want.
How can I thin Alfredo sauce?
If your Alfredo sauce becomes too thick, it’s easy to thin the sauce. Simply add more heavy cream, half and half, or some whole milk. Pump it up and you’re good to go!
How much sauce does this recipe make?
This recipe makes about 2 cups of alfredo sauce. This is enough to coat 8 ounces of spaghetti. The recipe can be doubled if necessary.
What goes well with Alfredo sauce?
Here are some foods that go well with Alfredo sauce
- Pasta. Commonly used is Fettuccini. Kids love it with bowtie pasta. There are also a variety of pasta varieties.
- Ravioli: This is a great sauce for cheese and butternut squash ravioli.
- Fish and Chicken. This is a delicious sauce to add to basic chicken or fish dishes. You can also try it with grilled chicken breasts.
- On vegetables: Use as a sauce for steamed vegetables such as broccoli, cauliflower and green beans.
Storage and preheating
Leftover sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. It is recommended that you heat the sauce on the stove. If the sauce becomes too thick, you may need to add more cream.
Can it be frozen?
Yes, it can be frozen. We recommend storing it in an airtight container (reusing plastic deli containers is handy!) . ) and can be stored in an airtight container. Just be sure to defrost the sauce before reheating. When reheating, do so slowly so that the sauce does not separate or become hard.
Homemade Alfredo Sauce
Prep time 2 minutes
Cooking time 8 minutes
Total time 10 minutes
This quick and easy homemade alfredo sauce is so rich and creamy, it almost looks like it came from a restaurant. It requires only five ingredients and can be made in less than 10 minutes.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg, optional
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking often.
- Add the parmesan cheese and whisk until melted. Add salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
- Serve as desired, or toss in your favorite cooked pasta!
Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving : Calories : 312 Total Fat : 29g Saturated Fat : 18g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat : 9g Cholesterol: 87 mgSodium: 620mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 9g