- gelatine (1 pkg unflavored gelatin)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 cup stuffed olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet pickles
- 1/4 t salt
- Green food coloring, “used with restraint”
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for about five minutes: dissolve in boiling water and add the lemon juice, sugar, salt, and coloring.
- When the mixture begins to thicken, add the other ingredients. The gherkins should be cut into thin slices. They are processed into individual wet shapes.
- When they are firm, they are formed on the salad and served with mayonnaise.
Serve in six.