My husband loves peaches so I found a simple peach cobbler dessert beginner cook Kay could make back in the mid 80s.
And this dessert has been a hit ever since! It is my daughter’s favorite dessert. Jerry loves it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
*EDITED September 13, 2015 to state~ Please do NOT use a 13 X 9 pan with this recipe. That size pan is a little too big for this dessert.
- 1large can of sliced cling peaches (approx. 29 ounces) including juice
- 1stick margarine
- 1 csifted flour
- 1 tspsalt
- 2 tspbaking powder
- 1 csugar
- 2/3 cmilk
How to Make Kay’s Easy Peach Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt stick of butter in a Pyrex dish 12 X 8 1/2 is perfect but 13 X 9 works too. (I do this in the microwave for speed)
- Add clinged peaches (I chop my peaches into bite sized pieces before adding) and add juice without stirring.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and milk together and mix well. Drizzle all over peaches and do not stir.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes. or til crust is golden brown. (just begin keeping an eye on your cobbler around the 45 minute time~ ovens vary.)
Enjoy your Easy Peach Cobbler!