Peach pound cake is a delicate, yet dense pound cake made with fresh peaches and topped with a sweet glaze.
PREP TIME : 30 MINS
COOK TIME : 1 HR 40 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 2 HRS 10 MINS
- ▢1½ cups (3 sticks, 340 g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ▢3 cups (600 g) granulated sugar
- ▢6 large eggs, room temperature
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢3 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
- ▢½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ▢1 cup (230 g) sour cream
- ▢3 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced (approximately 2 cups)
- ▢1½ cup (187.5 g) confectioners’ sugar
- ▢1-3 tablespoons milk, or cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth.
- Gradually add the sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- On low, beat in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Add the diced peaches and fold them in by hand.
- Pour batter into the prepared bundt pan, filling it about ¾ of the way full. Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 30 minutes. (The cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out with a few crumbs, but no wet batter. Do not underbake – you want a golden-brown crust.)
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before inverting it onto a plate to let it cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar and a tablespoon of milk (or cream). Whisk until smooth, adding more milk until the glaze reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled cake and serve.
Keyword: Peach Pound Cake