PREP TIME : 20 MINS
COOK TIME : 1 HR
TOTAL TIME : 1 HR 20 MINS
Peach Skillet Cake is a dessert made with sweetened fresh peaches that are poured over a batter mixture and topped with turbinado sugar.
KEYWORD: PEACH SKILLET CAKE
CALORIES: 348 KCAL
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113g) butter, melted
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 5-6 ripe peaches, peeled, cored, and sliced (about 5 cups)
- ⅓ cup (67g) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray. (You could also use a 9×13-inch baking dish.)
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk. Slowly whisk in the melted butter. Pour the batter into the skillet.
- Add the sliced peaches, brown sugar, cornstarch, and cinnamon to a saucepan over medium heat and stir to combine, simmering for 2-3 minutes until sugar is dissolved and peaches are softened slightly. Add the peach mixture evenly over the top of the batter.
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …