PREP TIME : 15 MINS
COOK TIME : 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 35 MINS
Pumpkin streusel muffins are moist, pumpkin-flavored muffins topped with a cinnamon streusel and drizzled with a cinnamon maple glaze.
- ▢1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin
- ▢2½ cups (500 g) light brown sugar, packed
- ▢1 cup (218 g) vegetable oil
- ▢½ cup (122.5 g) whole milk, room temperature
- ▢4 large eggs, room temperature
- ▢2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ▢3½ cups (437.5 g) all-purpose flour
- ▢4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ▢2 teaspoons baking soda
- ▢1 teaspoon baking powder
- ▢1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- ▢½ cup (100 g) light brown sugar, packed
- ▢1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ▢½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢½ cup (1 stick / 113 g) unsalted butter, melted
Cinnamon Maple Glaze
- ▢1½ cups (187.5 g) confectioners’ sugar
- ▢2 tablespoons whole milk, room temperature
- ▢1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ▢⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2, 12-cup muffin tins with muffin liners and set aside. (This recipe makes 21 muffins.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pure pumpkin, brown sugar, oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Stir together until just combined.
- Add a heaping ⅓ cup of batter to each muffin tin cup. (You want the muffin tins full in this recipe so there will be a big beautiful muffin top. The batter should not overflow the liner, however.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the melted butter to the flour mixture. Mix with a fork until the mixture is combined.
- Add about a tablespoon of streusel topping to each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, but a few crumbs are okay.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, milk, syrup, and cinnamon. Drizzle over the cooled muffins.
Course: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
Keyword: Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
Servings: 21 muffins