Piled high with Swiss cheese, corned beef, and sauerkraut, this Reuben Sandwich stays one step ahead of other Reubens by using a homemade herbed butter!
PREP TIME : 10 MINS
COOK TIME : 10 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 20 MINS
- ▢¼ cup (½ stick, 57 g) butter
- ▢½ teaspoon dried minced garlic
- ▢½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ▢½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- ▢¼ teaspoon poppy seeds
- ▢½ teaspoon sea salt
- ▢1 pound deli corned beef
- ▢1 loaf marble rye bread
- ▢1 cup (245 g) Russian Dressing
- ▢8 ounces sauerkraut
- ▢12 slices Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, garlic, onion, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and salt. Set aside.
- Steam the corned beef by placing a small amount at a time (about ¼ pound) in a damp paper towel and placing it in the microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Heat the sauerkraut (cover in the microwave for about 30 seconds or until heated through).
- Butter one side of each slice of rye bread using the herbed butter. Place 2- 3 slices of buttered bread on heated skillet or grill pan over medium-low heat.
- Layer the Swiss cheese, corned beef, sauerkraut, Russian dressing, more corned beef, and another slice of cheese and top with another slice of bread (butter side up).
- Heat until bread slightly browned and crispy and cheese melted about 2-3 minutes. Flip and repeat with the opposite side.
Course: dinner, Game Day, Main Course
Keyword: Classic Reuben, Reuben Sandwich, Russian Dressing