Salted Caramel Brownies are soft, melt-in-your-mouth brownies with a caramel swirl and topped with chocolate, caramel and sea salt.
PREP TIME : 10 MINS
COOK TIME : 35 MINS
TOTAL TIME : 45 MINS
- ▢½ cup (1 stick, 113g) butter, melted, then cooled
- ▢2 large eggs, room temperature
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ▢⅓ cup (40g) cocoa powder, sifted
- ▢½ cup (64g) all-purpose flour
- ▢¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ▢¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ▢1 cup (5.5 ounces) caramel bits
- ▢1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ▢½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ▢1 teaspoon sea salt (or more depending on preference)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk two eggs with the vanilla.
- In a separate medium bowl, add in all dry ingredients. Gently stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Pour the melted butter into the brownie mixture and mix until the butter is no longer separated and the mix is fully combined.
- Spread batter into the prepared 8-inch square pan. Set aside as you melt the caramel.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the caramels with the heavy cream in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until smooth.
- Reserve 1-2 tablespoons of the caramel. Pour the rest of the caramel evenly over the brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl the caramel into the batter.
- Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out with a few crumbs, but no wet batter.
- After removing the brownies from the oven, immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Let the chocolate sit for a minute or two to melt. Then, using a knife or offset spatula, spread the chocolate over the brownies.
- Top with the reserved caramel sauce and sea salt. (If the caramel has hardened, simply warm it up in the microwave.)
- Let the brownies cool a bit before cutting into squares.
Keyword: Salted Caramel Brownies