Prep Time : 1 hour
- 7 oz sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 can dulce de leche (14 oz)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 box (11oz) Nilla Wafer cookies, crushed (about 2 cups crushed)
- 16 oz Ghirardelli dark chocolate wafers
- On a large baking sheet, spread coconut into a single layer. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Be sure to turn and flip the coconut every 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a bowl, combine coconut, dulce de leche, sweetened condensed milk and cookie crumbs. Stir until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop one tablespoon of mixture (I use this scoop) onto the parchment paper. Repeat until all mixture is used. Place baking sheet in freezer and freeze for about 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate wafers according to package directions (about 1 ½ minutes in microwave, stirring every 30 seconds). Dip bottom of each truffle in melted chocolate and return to parchment paper.
CLICK NEXT PAGE BELOW TO CONTINUE READING …